Legal Services

Legal Services

During your stay in Tokyo should you run into any legal matters, it is best to hire or consult a lawyer. The law of Tokyo can be confusing to those visiting. The best way to avoid any legal trouble is by consulting someone who knows the law of the land, and the best way to handle any legal situation. There are both private, and public, lawyers available depending on what the matter you need help with is.

Tokyo Bar Association

Address 6F Bar Association Bldg, 1-1-3 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0013Map
Description If you should need some support or law services while you are in Japan, the Tokyo Bar Association is the place to turn. They can offer to you the assistance you need to deal with the complications of the Japanese law system. There are public services available, or attorney’s you can turn to to ask questions. If you are a law student, you are also able to get the information and help you need to pass the law exam. Free to the public it is a great service to use should you need help of any kind in maneuvering the laws of the Japanese land.

Tokyo Metropolitan Government Foreign Residents' Advisory Center

Address 8-1 Nishi-Shinjuku 2-chome, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 163-8001Map
Description If you are in trouble while in Japan and need the assistance of someone who knows the law, don’t take a chance of just choosing someone without understanding what your rights are, or who is qualified to help. Consult the help of Tokyo Metropolitan Government Foreign Residents' Advisory Center. They can aid you in foreign and domestic issues related to any law related issues including family, customs, traffic accidents, or any concerns about what the law entails. Just call them and they can point you in the direction of where you need to go to find the information to figure out your next steps to protect yourself.

Tokyo Public Law Office

Address Ikebukuro SIA Building 2F 1-34-5 Higashi-Ikebukuro, Toshimaku, Tokyo 170-0013Map
Description Should you need help while you are in Tokyo, the Tokyo Public Law Office is there to assist you. Specializing in providing lawyer aid to foreigners, they understand how frustrating and scary it can be to be in a foreign country and need the assistance of someone who understands the law of the land. If you are having any trouble with immigration they can aid you in matters related to your stay, or your extension of stay, in Japan. Contact them immediately if you should need the help of an immigration lawyer.

Guide Categories